If I had the time I would put together a social media boot camp. Something to use to point you in the right direction and get you started. Until then here are the basics:
- Setup a marketing calendar on your current calendar, Excel or a Social Media Management program.
- Add major Holidays to the Marketing Calendar
- Find a Social Media Management program you like. Sprout Social is popular. I use later. You will need a tool to schedule postings. Don’t post haphazardly, have a plan.
- Focus! What channels do you want to engage on? Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin. You can’t do them all because each one has a unique community, different demographics. Pick 2 and YouTube. No more.
- KISS – Keep It Simple Stupid (remember that one?)
- Find your top 5 engagers (brand ambassadors) and keep them engaged. Their questions and comments become future social media postings.
Social Media is similar but not quite marketing. It is an opportunity for the public to sing the praises about your business. Your objective is to keep your community aware of what your business offers and then engage them.
A quote from a recent social media influencer I met, “If you can’t convince them confuse them!”. I don’t subscribe to that policy.