Safer Internet Day, 8 February 2011
It’s more than a game, it’s your life – www.saferinternet.org – (have you checked out the site yet? I tweeted it earlier)
Safer Internet Day is organised by Insafe each year in February to promote safer and more responsible use of online technology and mobile phones, especially amongst children and young people across the world.
The topic for 2011 is “our virtual lives” around the slogan ” It’s more than a game, it’s your life“.
This is a very informative site that offers free educational kits for Children, Parents and Teachers that will inform and educate you about
- Blogs [Updated]
- Chat-based services [Updated]
- Child sexual abuse images [Updated]
- Cyberbullying [Updated]
- Educational resources for parents [New]
- Filtering, monitoring and parental controls [Updated]
- Mobile phones
- Online gambling [Updated]
- Online gaming [Updated]
- Sexting [Updated]
- Spam, phishing and pharming [Updated]
- Viruses and malware [Updated]
This is a site that every person should have bookmarked. So I highly recommend checking out the Safer Internet Day site. Just when I think I know it all I then learn something new. Stay safe on the internet. It can be a dangerous place.