So the announcement is official. Verizon will be carrying the iPhone 4. Here is my take on the Verizon iPhone 4 as an iPhone user for many years:
- The Verizon iPhone will double as a hotspot (tethering) (I like this!)
- You could jailbreak this phone to be used on other CDMA networks like Sprint
- It’s the same iPhone 4 with the antennae problems
- It’s running on Verizon’s old CDMA technology
- Verizon will be a few months behind AT&T. AT&T will get new upgrades every June. Verizon every January.
- The iPhone will slow down the Verizon network.
- The Verizon logo will not be on the Phone.
- Still doesn’t come in White!
Here is the Apple Press Release – My opinion: I have always admired AT&T’s network here on Long Island. AT&T is making significant investments in WiFi in the Long Island/NYC area. A combination of less iPhones on the network and a growing WiFi network will result in a better experience for AT&T customers who remain with their AT&T iPhones.