Here are my top iPad app picks and if they are available for the iPhone:
- Tweetbot ($2.99) Available for iPhone- this is by far my favorite twitter application. If you’re a twitter power user this app is for you. The only thing it’s missing is the option to schedule tweets. Otherwise, by far, the most polished app on the market for twitter.
- Feeddler Pro ($4.99, Pro) no iPhone version- If you’re a heavy RSS Google Reader user and have enjoyed the Reeder App for the iPhone than the FeeddlerPro App for iPad is for you. The Reeder iPad app is nowhere near as good as its iPhone version but the FeeddlerPro Reader feels just like the Reeder for iPhone app. Get the premium version and you’ll be able to drop articles into your Evernote account with one tap.
- Evernote ($5 per month, Premium) Available for iPhone – Evernote has come so far in the last few months. It’s syncing capabilities are second to none except maybe Google’s Doc’s. Google Doc’s has nothing on Evernote when it comes to working offline. Get the premium if you are working with teams and need larger upload limits. I managed to snag a 15 month Evernote premium deal as part of a MacHeist package. Best $29 I ever spent. Hint: I use Evernote to develop blog postings but it is so versatile that you can use it to organize almost anything.
- Dropbox ($9.99 per month, pro) Available for iPhone- Who’s still using a free account? I find the 100 GB, $9.99 a month, pro account indispensable. That’s just me. I have used it to back up large picture libraries (Only temporarily until I can get more backup space at home) and with my iPad having only 16gb of space, the Dropbox account is my main drive for my iPhone and iPad. I also am finding that more and more app developers are allowing you to save pictures and documents directly to your dropbox account.
- Sprout Social ($39 Month) Available for iPhone – This is the app for managing multiple social media accounts but it is pricey. Most of your major brands that have large marketing budgets go this route. Sprout Social has an awesome iPad app and Web Based management system that will allow you to keep on top of large social media campaigns. For $39 a month you can manage up to 10 accounts, additional users (Other members of your team) cost $39 each. It is very pricey compared to Hoot-suite but it’s also much more polished and allows you to get much more work done. Great tool for small business’s.