There it is. The iPhone 4, with the capability to make movies in HD, is the best phone that will ever be available for at least the next 5 years. This phone can basically do everything a MacBook Pro can do. I love it already but I won’t be able to get my hands on one for at least another year. Gotta love contracts…
The only obvious issue I have is, now that the iPhone will be able to make HD video, with AT&T eliminating unlimited data plans, how do you take full advantage of this phone? The dataplus plan at 200mb a month will be useless and the datapro plan at 2gb a month is just enough data to allow you to upload one 2-3min HD video before your monthly allotment of data is used up.
You can shoot, edit and create an HD movie all on the phone but you’ll need a wifi connection to get that movie onto the internet. I imagine that everyone who upgrades to this phone will keep their unlimited data plans that were grandfathered in.
Would you buy this phone knowing that the new data plans are useless on this phone?
- Analysts pleased by Apple’s decisions (news.cnet.com)
- AT&T Dropping Unlimited Wireless Plans, Announces Tethering [News] (lifehacker.com)
- 10 Apple iPhone 4 Game Changers (centernetworks.com)
- Wait, Bing is DEFAULT search on iPhone 4? (thenextweb.com)
- Apple Unveils New IPhone to Dial Back Android Rivalry (businessweek.com)
- Should I Buy an iPhone 4? [Iphone 4] (gizmodo.com)